Thursday, December 16, 2010

It Was a Homecoming Thanksgiving

So Thanksgiving has never been just a huge deal around our house.  I mean we celebrate it and all, but we just don't pull out all the stops like we do at Christmas.  However, this year was different since it was our first Thanksgiving away from home.  All of a sudden, this holiday took on a whole new meaning for me.  I don't know if I ever fully got how much my gratitude is tied to my family.  I mean, think about it.  Remember back to when you were little, or even now, and you'd go around the table and tell what you're thankful for, and what's usually the first word out of people's mouths?  Family. 

Well, it just so happened that the timing of our D.C. trip allowed for us to fly back into Memphis and stop off in Oxford and see everybody for a few days.  And what a joy it was to be with our family for Thanksgiving!  This year our Thanksgiving was indeed characterized by thankful hearts, along with the realization that being with our family brings us a joy that no other thing can---well, except for Mom's chicken and dressing, maybe.  I'd say that comes pretty close!

Ethan and his best bud, John David.








This is my grand-niece, Grace.  Isn't she just so stinking cute?!



Ethan and Mary, my niece, work on putting out my mom's "little houses", as she calls them.



My sister Pam puts the finishing touches on the Christmas tree.

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE this picture!!




I love my Daddy-O!

No comments: